The Janet Cullen Tanaka
$1500 Geosciences Undergraduate
Scholarships since 1989
- Undergraduate women committed to completing a Bachelor’s Degree and pursuing a career or graduate work in the geosciences, including:
- Geology, environmental/engineering geology, geochemistry, geophysics, hydrogeology or hydrology.
- Sophomore, junior, or senior women enrolled in a university or 2-year college in the states of Washington or Oregon.
- Minimum of 3.2 GPA (or equivalent academic achievement).
- Deadline: December 30, 2023.
- Watch for a new announcement in the fall.
Past Chapter Scholarship Recipients
|2020||Mandy Jackson||North Seattle College|
Bridget Smith ($500)
|2010||Xiyue ‘Sally’ Zhang|
Symone Stinson ($500)
Linn Benton CC
|2007||Susan Black||UW: Tacoma|
|2004||Melinda Menke Shimizu||CWU|
|2003||Paula York||Pierce College|
|1993||Robin Stephani||Evergreen State College|
|1992||Michele LaFontaine||Pierce College|
|1990||Anna Christine Hazelton||WWU|
Our scholarship is financed by donations. to make a donation to our scholarship fund, there are two ways:
1) Mail a check made out to “AWG Foundation” to: AWGF Treasurer, 652 Glimmerglen Road, Cooperstown, NY 13326. Be sure to write “AWG-PNW Tanaka Scholarship” on the memo line. 2) Go to the AWG Online Store at https://www.awg.org/donations/donate.asp?id=21688 and type “AWG-PNW Tanaka Scholarship” in the donor comments box.
The AWG Foundation is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) corporation. Your donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.